Lentil and Black Bean Mexican
- 1 Tbsp olive oil chilli or garlic flavoured oil taste great
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 1 red chilli chopped
- 1 375g can brown lentils drained and rinsed
- 1 375g can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 375g can tomatoes
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Heat oil and cook the onion and chilli.
- Add lentils, black beans, tomatoes and heat.
- Add spices and stir through.
- Add the corn and cook till hot.
In a real hurray? Use a sachet of Mexican flavouring instead of the spices. No black beans in the pantry? Try kidney beans instead. Serve on flatbread with chopped lettuce and cucumber. No flatbread in the pantry? Bread or toast will do. Not vegan? Add grated cheese and yoghurt. And smother in chilli sauce! Yum.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!